After reading that last post, I thought, “I would rather watch paint dry than read this”.
Then I got the idea of writing about Geoff. After all, I’m his biggest fan and the luckiest woman in the world because he wants to be with me.
So here are 10 things you may not know about Geoff: (In-laws, close friends…feel free to stop right here)
1. Geoff once went skydiving. He got flustered about leaving a phone message for someone, and to prove to himself that there are scarier things than leaving a message, he jumped out of a plane. Makes sense to me.
2. Geoff was on Love Connection. No lie. And it didn’t go well. Enough said.
3. Geoff can’t fix things. To be more specific, he is the un-handiest man I have ever met. But as my Dad famously said, “Geoff, your talents lie elsewhere.” But he tries.
4. Geoff’s parents found out they were expecting while in France. Before he was born, his parents called him Pierre. They came home, and Rita’s mom took one look at Rita, visibly pregnant, and exclaimed, “What happened to you?!”
5. Geoff spent 6 years of his childhood in the Middle East. His Dad’s company transferred all of them over there…they lived in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
6. Geoff kidnapped me to ask for my hand in marriage. He showed up at my office with my mom, took me to the airport, and we boarded a plane for Williamsburg, VA. And he proposed to me while I was sitting on a gravestone behind the Bruton Parish church.
7. Geoff wrote me a letter before he met me. In 1997, he wrote a letter to the woman he would someday marry, sealed it and mailed it to himself so it would have the date stamped on it. He gave it to me after our rehearsal dinner. Someday, I will post the whole letter here.
8. Geoff can fall asleep in like 10 seconds. I’ve never seen anything like it. We will be talking, and in a normal pause in the conversation, he will begin to snore.
9. Geoff survived a major earthquake in Los Angeles. In 1996 (I think) he got to experience a big time shake-up. His fish tank exploded and all his fish died. But he found one under his couch a few months later, and upon hearing this, his Grandma said, “Was it still alive?”
10. Geoff is the nicest person you will ever meet. He is basically unflappable, polite, thoughtful, sweet, sensitive, smart, a great father, a great provider, a great husband.
Susan, president of the Geoff Williams Fan Club